It is no secret that I am all about finger foods and appetizers. All day every day! Cream cheese stuffed mushrooms have become a staple at family get togethers.
This year I decided to take it up a notch and take our traditional pork sausage and cream cheese stuffed mushrooms and combine with a twist on spinach artichoke dip.
What more could a girl want?
This post contains affiliate links and/or ads. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more about it on my Disclaimer page.
Stuffed mushrooms are always a hit at parties. Check out the recipe for Bacon and Brie Wonton Cups for another favorite party appetizer recipe.
These are super simple to make and you can even make these ahead of time and then just pop them in the oven as your guests arrive.
Although my sister-in-law doesn’t like mushrooms (really?!?), she spoons out the filling and passes the mushrooms to my brother. The filling is SOOO good!
I hope that you like these as much as I do. Mike is not a big fan of artichokes, but he loved these.
Be sure to subscribe in order to receive the latest updates.
- 24 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 8 ounce pork sausage
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems from the mushroom caps. Set caps aside and dice reserved mushroom stems.
- Mince garlic cloves and chop spinach leaves and artichoke hearts.
- Brown pork sausage in a heavy skillet. Cook sausage thoroughly, then add garlic and chopped mushroom stems and cook two additional minutes. Add in chopped spinach and artichokes stirring well and cook another two minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese while hot. Once cream cheese is thoroughly mixed in, stir in parmesan cheese.
- Fill mushrooms with approximately one tablespoon cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for approximately fifteen minutes. Remove from oven when tops are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Mushrooms can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Be sure to cover tightly with before refrigerating and bake immediately before serving.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 2 Mushrooms
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157 Total Fat: 11.3g Saturated Fat: 5.8g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 563mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 4.1g Sugar: 2.2g Protein: 9.1g