I have obviously been missing out most of my life. Soy sauce and asparagus are made for each other.
Seriously, made for each other. Asparagus has been my jam lately. It is so quick and easy which makes this perfect for a weeknight side dish. In fifteen minutes, you can go from this stalk of raw asparagus to a yummy side dish.
Serve this quick and easy asparagus with my Best Homemade Sloppy Joes for a simple weeknight dinner.
This post contains affiliate links and/or ads. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more about it on my Disclaimer page.
But wait, there’s more… (In my best infomercial voice)
Six ingredients, yep that’s it, six ingredients!
Fresh asparagus, sesame oil, soy sauce, black pepper, garlic, and sesame seeds are all that you will need.
Well, and a baking pan and parchment paper too (parchment paper is totally optional, but makes cleanup even easier).
First, trim the asparagus stalks. Then spread them out on a parchment lined baking pan.
Now mix up the flavor packed sauce and pour over the asparagus.
Pop the baking pan in the oven at 400 F degrees for approximately eight minutes or until desired tenderness.
That was super easy right?
This quick and easy roasted asparagus recipe makes a perfect side dish for almost anything.
Additionally, this is awesome to serve on holidays or special occasions along with my favorite Mushroom and Potato Au Gratin recipe.
You may need to double the batch depending on how many you are serving.
Be sure to subscribe in order to receive the latest updates.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 1/2 TBSP Sesame oil
- 1 1/2 TBSP Soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Trim the asparagus to remove the tough ends. Then spread the asparagus spears evenly on a baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix one and one half tablespoon soy sauce - low sodium, one and one half tablespoon low sodium soy sauce, one teaspoon black pepper, and two cloves minced garlic.
- Evenly pour the soy and sesame mixture over the asparagus spears and toss to coat.
- Bake eight minutes or until desired crispness.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Regular soy sauce can be substituted for the low sodium soy sauce if preferred.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88 Total Fat: 6.4g Saturated Fat: 0.9g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 228mg Carbohydrates: 6.3g Fiber: 2.9g Sugar: 2.3g Protein: 3.4g
Pin It For Later!
As a working mom with three kids, Amazon Prime has become one of my besties. If you have not tried Prime Pantry, now may be the time to check it out. Below are some items that are used in this recipe that can be added to your pantry box.