I adore one pot meals. Seriously, with three teenagers we go through so many dishes. This creamy pot filled with cheese, chicken, bacon, spinach and pasta deliciousness is so easy to make.
You need this in your life.
After work or on my days off, I want a hearty meal that is easy and requires minimal cleanup. This recipe for Chicken Bacon Spinach Pasta fits the requirements.
Cheesy pasta packed with bacon and chicken with just enough spinach is a perfect weeknight meal that will get on the table in no time and leave your family asking for seconds.
If you are looking for another easy recipe with minimal cleanup, Sheet Pan Turkey Sausage and Vegetables is another quick and easy weeknight meal.
This post contains affiliate links and/or ads. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more about it on my Disclaimer page.
Let’s skip straight to the good stuff. Are you ready to learn how to fix this tasty Chicken Bacon Spinach Pasta?
Preparing The Easiest One Pot Chicken Bacon Spinach Pasta
First, cook the bacon in a large pot. I love my cast iron dutch oven.
Chop the bacon into small pieces prior to cooking.
I found that the bacon cooks much faster and evenly if you cut the bacon into bit size pieces instead of cooking slices of bacon and then crumbing them up.
Bacon is life.
Next, remove the bacon from the pot and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain the grease. Also, remove the remaining grease from the pan.
Then add in the chicken breasts that have been cut into bite size pieces. Cook the chicken along with the minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove the chicken from the pot and set aside with the cooked bacon.
In the same large pot, bring five cups of chicken broth to a boil. Then add in the Penne noodles to the boiling broth.
While the noodles are cooking, add
Then the magic happens. Penne pasta, heavy cream and two types of cheese come together for this beautiful goodness.
Freshly grated cheese is a must. Pre-grated cheese does not melt as well and does not give the super creamy texture as freshly grated cheese.
Finally, the bacon, chicken, and spinach are added to finish off this one pot wonder.
So good. This recipe for Chicken Bacon Spinach Pasta is a lifesaver on busy weeknights.
Really, what more could you ask for? Cheesy pasta and bacon are made for each other.
You need this in your life! Let me know if you try this recipe.
Be sure to subscribe in order to receive the latest updates.Print
Creamy one pot chicken bacon spinach pasta is an incredibly simple meal. One pot of creamy chicken alfredo can easily transition from an easy weeknight meal to a special occasion dinner.
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 pound chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 16 ounces Penne noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn
- First, chop one-half pound of bacon into approximately one-inch chunks. Cook the bacon in a large pot, and occasionally stir until cooked thoroughly but not crisp.
- Remove, the bacon from the pan and set aside on a separate plate. Drain bacon grease from the pan except for approximately two tablespoons.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut one pound chicken into 1 inch cubes. Once the bacon and excess grease has been removed from the pan, add the chicken into the hot pan along with two cloves minced garlic, one teaspoon black pepper, and one-half teaspoon salt. Brown the chicken until thoroughly cooked. Then remove the chicken from the pan and set aside with the cooked bacon.
- Bring five cups chicken broth to a boil, add in sixteen ounces penne noodles, one-half teaspoon thyme, one-half teaspoon rosemary, one teaspoon parsley, and one-half teaspoon black pepper. Stir occasionally for approximately ten minutes or until al dente.
- Stir in one cup heavy cream and simmer for two additional minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in one cup shredded Parmesan cheese and one-half cup shredded Fontina cheese. Once the cheese is melted, add in one cup torn fresh spinach, bacon, and chicken. Stir well and let sit approximately three minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Gruyère or Gouda could be substituted for the Fontina cheese if you are unable to find Fontina.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese as garnish.
- Calories: 803
- Sugar: 2.8
- Sodium: 2096
- Fat: 35.9
- Saturated Fat: 16.5
- Carbohydrates: 60
- Fiber: 2.6
- Protein: 58.2
- Cholesterol: 158
Keywords: One pot pasta, chicken bacon spinach pasta, one pot dinner, one pot meal
Appliance and Gadgets Used
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven – This large heavy pot that distributes heat evenly. My most used pot in my kitchen.
- Stand Mixer and Grater Attachment – I swear by grating your own cheese. There is no comparison in quality. In this recipe, freshly grated parmesan is a must.